Sunday, June 6, 2010

mmmm Food/ Sophie's bday!

MmmmmMMmmm

Today I made a yummy yummy dinner/dessert. It was all made mostly from scratch mm :)

I made...

1. Angel Food Cake (10 egg whites! - we had scrambled egg yolks for breakfast today!)
2. Chocolate Mousse (mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm)



I made the Angel food cake and mousse into a trifle-like dessert that was soooo good and soooo rich! I only finished half of mine.. which says a LOT cause I have a "dessert stomach"

We bought fresh raspberries from the market today- first berries of the season! The first one I had was really sour, but after that they were sweet, and big too!

3. Butternut squash Ravioli (with store-bought italian sausage)


mmm It was good. I made the pasta from scratch then roasted squash and mashed it up with ricotta for the filling. Simon helped me make them this afternoon while we watched The Emporer's New Groove :) I made the sausage with it and a simple light cream sauce with onion and garlic.

4. Salad! This wasn't very hard, but it was yummy yummy.


Just writing this and looking at the pictures is making me hungry again! Bed-time snack time!



We had Sophie and Jeff over for supper to eat all this yummy stuff! It's Sophie's birthday (29!) on Tuesday :) Happy Birthday Sophie!!!

1 comment: