Monday, August 29, 2011

Week 30


Baby seems to be hanging a lot lower (if that's possible) in this picture, although he/she seems to have discovered that there's more space in my belly if he/she stretches towards my ribs/lungs. Last week during baby's morning stretches he/she liked to push a foot against my ribs. I figured it was a foot cause when I was at the doctor she said baby is head down. According to the dr baby is good, well I assume so since I was in her office all of 5 minutes. Enough time to take measurements and feel baby's position then I was on my way!
I guess this is where no news is good news! I officially start my 2 week appointments now :) exciting! Only 10 or so weeks left! Exciting and scary at the same time! I will be glad to have my body back, but will probably miss all the kicks and movements in my belly. 

  It was cooler yesterday (about 16 degrees) and really windy. We actually were feeling the effects of Hurricane/tropical storm Irene. This happened last year too. It's crazy to think of how large those storms are that they reach all the way here from the coast! Anyways this was just before we went for a walk. I was happy that this pre-pregnancy shirt still fits me. It's one of the few. You can see a bit of the band on my jeans, but that was okay with me. The sweater didn't fare so well though, when I did it up Simon's comment was "You're going to burst the zipper open!" I changed into a larger sweater soon after the picture. I might need to dip into Simon's sweaters when it gets even cooler.

             

 I was glad it was cooler yesterday. On Saturday I said that I wished it would rain on Sunday so we could stay inside all day and relax on the couch. We watched Avatar and I started crocheting a blankey for the baby. Up until now I hadn't found a pattern or yarn that I fancied enough for a baby blanket. It had to be special if I was going to be making it for our baby! I had this nice soft, thick cream and just bought a super soft orange to go with it. The pattern I found is a star shape! Perfect! It's different and special and Simon and I really like it so far. The pattern says it will be 40 inches from point to point when it's done. You can't see it too well in this picture, but I wanted to show how much I like burnt orange.. I mean it was our wedding colour for one.. This is my favourite shirt. It has ruffles too. I <3 ruffles! Also the orange yarn and you might not be able to see, but my favourite crochet hook is the same orange colour. It's the size that I like best though, it just happens to be orange.

Finally,
A look back on how far we've come... 


It's kind of unbelievable that I've gained 10 inches around my middle! 
It seems sort of "normal" to have a big belly now.
I now often wonder what it will be like when baby is "on his or her own" outside my belly. 
I guess we'll find out soon enough!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun progression of photos. Wow, it's going so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My little sister is getting so big!!! Wow Nicole. You are looking very good. Miss you lots!!!!

    ReplyDelete