Monday, April 23, 2012

Accidental soufflés

Hello again!

It seems as if I've been slacking from blogging.. Big time! This is *hopefully* my come back! Liam has started having a 2-hour nap every afternoon, so that gives me time to do some things that I like to do!

Right now I'm working on planting a garden. I also started a quiet (felt) book for Liam's first birthday (so I have about 6 months to do it!).

Today I was making lemon meringue pie. And since I loooove lemon pie filling but dislike meringue I did a trick that my mom did last time and folded the beaten egg whites into the filling. Hers was light and fluffy and lemony... Mine turned out egg white-y and not so good. I think it's cause I had an oops with one egg white/yolk and ended up with 4 whites and 3 yolks in my recipe. Anywho I decided to bake my tarts and put the leftover filling into ramekins and bake that as well. This is what I ended up with! And they promptly fell.. But it tastes deeelish!

No comments:

Post a Comment