Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 3 - A photo that makes you happy


I actually had a tough time finding a picture of something that makes me happy... weird! I guess it was just putting my finger on one specific thing. So I ended up picking this sunflower picture that Simon snuck and took in the summer and got blown up and framed for me for our anniversary. This is in a sunflower field in the "experimental farm" area of Ottawa. It's weird all the sudden in the middle of the city (ish) are these huge fields of "experiments", including a large field of sunflowers!! I always loved driving past :)

In other news... we got our Christmas tree last night!!! We went to Loblaws to get it, and theirs are really nice, but all of them are $40... a bit more than we wanted to spend this year. I thought of mom though cause there were some small-ish ones and some huge "fluffy" tall ones, that I thought my mom would have bought when I was growing up. It was hard to believe that the small ones and the huge ones were all $40! Anyways, we went to Ikea because we've always said getting a tree there would be a good idea. So the tree was $20 and then we got a $20 gift certificate to spend at Ikea in January.. I don't know if we'll use it, but essentially we got a free Christmas tree! This picture would also be something that makes me happy :) Simon's family has always been really crazy for Christmas/decorating etc., and I think that through Simon it's rubbed off on me :) I do love Christmas baking! Although, this year I've made sugar cookies, ginger snaps and "slice-and-bake" cookies and they're all gone already... I make a batch then we eat them... I'm hoping that when school is finished for the semester (next week!!!) I can bake so much that we can't possibly eat it all before Christmas (Is that a challenge...?)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you guys must eat a LOT of cookies!

    Sunflowers are so cheery and happy.

    ReplyDelete