Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Peppermint "snowballs"

I have been hard at work packing lately... and wishing for a job, or shifts at the job I have.. but needed a break this afternoon! I had a pretty large lunch and just sat on the couch reading for an hour so my tummy could digest a bit then I started packing again, but I was so cold that I decided to do some baking! Our kitchen is pretty small so it holds the heat from the oven :) And plus I did the dishes by hand in nice hot water while the cookies were baking. I wanted chocolate chip cookies, but since I packed most of my baking things yesterday and didn't want to search for them I made this recipe (plus it jumped into my hands when going through my recipe box).

My Version of Peppermint Snowballs


I added chopped dark chocolate into the dough :) and then dipped them in melted chocolate chips and topped with crushed candy cane (my second to last one!!)

Now I am sitting on the couch again with 3 cookies beside me (2 have already made their way to T-Rex) and my tea. This is nice, but it would be nice to work as well. Sometimes I get bored. At least I have packing to do! I finished the office today, and the "sewing" room was done last week. I started the kitchen yesterday. I need more boxes. Hopefully I'll get some tonight. I can get them from work, I just have to go pick them up! 

Okay my cookies and book are calling me!

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy the quiet times while you can. Life is going to change when T-Rex makes his/her appearance. What are you reading?

    Cookies look good. Can I come over for tea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished my book last night. It's hard to read when Simon comes home because I like to hang out with him and he always interrupts my reading :P I did manage to finish it during the Canucks game. The least I can do is sit with him while he watches. The book is called "Morning's Refrain" by Tracie Peterson. It's part of the Songs of Alaska Series. Now I will be starting a book by Janette Oke, "The Damascus Way" which is part of the Acts of Faith series.

    You're always welcome for tea! I would enjoy sharing with anyone who comes to visit! Simon enjoyed the cookies too. I sent him a picture on his phone while he was at work and he couldn't wait to come home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cookies look good. I don't know if I have more candy canes around. Do you need more? How is packing going? Would love to help but the commute is a bit of a challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete