Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Exciting days!

Hi

It's me again! I've been slacking lately, or there's nothing worth writing home about..

but today! woo! I'm home from work early! woo! okay but not on the greatest terms, there was an earthquake here today! Kinda freaked me out.. a lot! More earth quakey than anything I ever felt in Vancouver, and I remember feeling a few there! I was at work, on the 3rd floor of a like 6-7 floor older building and yeah it was shaking and I heard banging for a bit, on the news they say it was 30 seconds, that's a long time though! Anywho the power went out, I grabbed my purse and ran down the stairs! I'd like to state that I was the first out of the building! The others took a bit to come out.. I don't know why, I wouldn't trust the doorways etc in that building! It was kinda cool walking to the bus though, the street were filled with nicely dressed government workers... sidewalks were filled! So my bosses decided to close for the day since the power was out and such. By the time I got home I heard it was back on, but oh well I'm home now! At home all was okay, one cupboard door was open and all my willow tree angels had fallen over and my bubble bath that was on the window ledge was on the floor.

Enough of that! This weekend Simon and I spent quite a bit of time on the boat on the Ottawa River with Sophie and Jeff! Simon and I "caught" a fish each! Jeff just had his poles in the water and we each got to reel a fish in. I've never done that before!



This is us waiting to be picked up. We met Sophie and Jeff at a place where Jeff thought there was a dock.. but no luck! There used to be one, but its gone!



This is me reeling in my fishie!


Fishies are yucky! eewww I didn't touch it hehe



Simon got a fish too, and held it ewwww!

We were out on the boat almost all day on Sunday! It was nice to get away! Anywho I'm going to find something to do! I put Pocahontas on in the background, Simon works til 9 tonight.
later gators!

1 comment:

  1. I thought of you as soon as I heard about the earthquake (on the news while I was eating my lunch). I'd be right behind you on the way out the door - it's a fearful feeling to have everything shaking around you.

    Enjoy the rest of the afternoon!

    A. Lorrie

    ReplyDelete