Monday, January 17, 2011

Hello Winter!

Today feels like January... winter in Ottawa! 
Its currently... -17 (1pm), not bad, but it was -24 (-29 with the windchill) when I left for class at 9:30am!  brrr!

We had a snow storm on Saturday and were supposed to get 20cm. I don't know how much is actually out there, but I do know that on Saturday I shoveled (half) the driveway cause Simon was out and I thought it would be nice for him to come home to a clear drive..  I went inside when I was done and by the time I went out about half an hour later the driveway was covered and Simon wasn't going to be home for another half hour! He said that the only reason he knew I had shoveled was that there were 2 levels of snow on the driveway!



This is Sophie and I heading to Michael's through the snow. It was really funny, she kept making cracks about how nothing will keep us from scrapbooking "nor wind, nor rain, nor blizzard"
The worst part was getting our rolling items to the store, I think may have damaged the bottom of my scrapbooking tote thing! The snow just kept piling up, it was like I was shoveling the parking lot!! Anyways we made it to the "Crop night" where we got to scrapbook and use Michael's tools, like the Cricut! That's why we went... for the Cricut! We were there for 5 hours too! What better to do on a blizzardy day! 



 This is me bundled up to go outside... It is officially wear-tights-under-your-pants weather! I was bundled really well, but I find that my things and knees (between my boots and jacket) get really cold, as well as my (face) cheeks and nose! I try to duck my face into my scarf, but sometimes I need to breathe...

Okay now to do homework... I have constant guilt about not doing enough school work...


1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to use the cricut, it looks so cool! I'm also so curious about your scrapbooking. I've never gotten into it cause I hated what I did, but I love seeing what other people do.

    ReplyDelete