Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Actually making things off Pinterest!

I think I have a couple hundred *neat* things pinned on Pinterest and have not really made anything! I did use some ideas for Liam's quiet book, but I looked for those ideas specifically on Pinterest. I have folders of food that I haven't tried yet so I thought I would make some! I was on snack for the Mom's life group I'm in today so I thought I'd test it out there! I couldn't decide on one thing so I made Lemon-Blueberry Yogurt Loaf and Raspberry Cornmeal Crumble Bars.

We had the Raspberry Cornmeal Crumble Bars for dessert last night while they were still warm and they were oooohh so yummy! I changed the recipe a bit: I omitted the almonds cause I'm allergic and just added more cornmeal. They were pretty gooey. I needed a fork and plate to eat them. This may have been because I used frozen raspberries and didn't let them thaw completely. It was so good either way, and I would definetly make them again!



The Lemon-Blueberry Yogurt Loaf was good and I would probably make it again, but I would change things. It was really moist, to the point of soggy, and I was wondering if it was cooked through (which it was). I also used frozen blueberries for this but I thought they were fully thawed so they shouldn't have added too much liquid. There's a cup of yogurt and half a cup of oil in this recipe, so maybe I could cut the oil and use thicker yogurt to have a firmer/dryer loaf. Even though I'm not a bit fan of blueberries I really liked the flavours of this loaf. I do love lemon though!



Liam and I went on a small vacation to visit daddy this weekend! Here's a couple pictures of our trip!



Liam was so good on the plane. He slept for 3 out of the 4 flights!
We had a good time and can't wait until we can start our new adventures together!!
(9 more weeks!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment