Monday, October 4, 2010

The start of another week...




Yesterday Simon and I had a nice relaxing day.. although I did feel guilty about not doing any homework. Simon tried to make breakfast for me in bed, but I always wake up when he gets out of bed, so we ate at the table. Simon made crepes and I made peach sauce from my yummy caned peaches!



Here is the inventory of my canning!
We've eaten a lot of the salsa, about 2 jars of tomatoes and 1 of peaches! So far so good!!

In the afternoon we went for a hike in the Gatineau Hills because it was such a nice sunny day. It was cold though, I wore my leather gloves and my winter jacket from BC (which is more of a fall jacket out here!)



I really enjoyed the crisp cold and warm sun!

The leaves are at the peak of their fall colours right now, apparently.
It was pretty, but still lots of green.
A lot of the red/orange leaves are on the ground cause it was so rainy and windy in September.



Now I must go to class then work then work on a project/homework... booooo!
I will put up a picture of my new glasses soon..
Have to charge the batteries for the camera first!

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. It doesnt look like wet mushy leaves out there like we will have out here either. Lucky. I also think its hilarious that our winter jackets are like a fall jacket out there. Winter out there always sounds intense and full of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it depends what part of BC you're from. Prince George jackets are probably much the same as Gatineau jackets.
    What a lovely lot of canning you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed with your canning! I'm hoping to start canning when we get back to Canada so might be asking your advice! :-) I really miss Autumn so loved your pictures - here we only have two seasons: monsoon and hot!

    ReplyDelete