Tuesday, May 4, 2010

MMmMmmmMMmmm!

I made a lot of food today so I wanted to share it... but everyone is far away so I will show you pictures and then eat it all myself... oh and Simon can have some too! It was both of our day off, so we had time to do stuff, although Simon did more than I did cause he got up 2 hours before me!

1. Lemon Cupcakes!!! mmm! Thanks to Jessica, one of Simon's lab technicians for the recipe! She made them for something once and I had one and could NOT forget them!! So she gave Simon the recipe for me!

(I might scan the recipe into the computer so you can actually see it.. but not tonight!)

2. Leftover Pasta re-made! I made pasta and meat sauce last week for Simon cause he didn't have any leftovers for his lunch. Sophie and I had made pasta from scratch with her pasta maker one night so we had the leftover pasta to go with this sauce. We both had this for lunch for 2 or three days and even had it as a snack the night I made it! Anyways We still had leftover sauce so I decided we needed to eat it, so I made more pasta and mixed the sauce in with it and made some alfredo sauce to make it even saucier then put it in corningware, covered it in cheese and baked it in the oven!! MMM it was good! And we will be eating it for another couple meals! This was the most cost-effective meal(s) ever! I only used half a pound of beef (for simon) and half a pound of chicken (for me) then one can of tomatoes and one can of tomato paste, carrotts and broccoli! And we'll have eaten it for 2 weeks total! crazy!


3. My lunch Panini
It was a leftover kind of day! I had bocconcini in the fridge that needed eating so I made a panini with boccocini and tomato in it :) mmmmmmmmm

3 comments:

  1. I am a lemon lover! Those cupcakes look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you when I made then, cause I'd read you were a lemon fan! And even more since you're pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and the icing is simply 2 tbsp lemon juice and 1 1/2 cups icing sugar! It was a little thick so I added more lemon juice and a bit of water :P sooo tangy!

    ReplyDelete