Monday, February 21, 2011

Happy Family Day Weekend!


This weekend Simon and I spent lots of time together, hanging out! It was date-weekend! Since I am off from school this week I didn't have to spend the whole weekend doing homework! Yay!

On Saturday I did do about an hour or so of homework and Simon worked on some volunteer stuff he's doing. Then the rest of the day we watched movies... literally! We watched 'Just Married', ' Uptown Girls ' and'Nanny McPhee'. It was a good afternoon/evening! We also went out to watch Jeff's band play at 9:30 pm. We were out late! til about 12:30am!

Sunday we slept in :) Packed a picnic lunch and headed downtown! The city of Ottawa parking lots are free on weekends so we parked for free and went to the Bank of Canada Currency Museum, which also happens to be free! We ate our picnic lunch in their indoor tropical courtyard! After we walked to the canal to look at partially melted ice sculptures and skate! it seemed like everyone in Ottawa had the same idea! The canal was packed!! We came home to hot Borscht that I had put in the slow cooker in the morning (frozen Borscht from months ago!)

Today: Monday: Family Day! Simon made me breakfast in bed! What I like to call egg-bagel-wich (bagel with an egg and sausage or ham on it) I mainly got breaky in bed cause I'm lazy and didn't get up. We then took a nice drive alll the way to Carp (about half an hour west) to the Diefenbunker! "Canada's Cold War Museum" I was able to get a museum pass from the public library, it's a pass you take out of the library and it gets you into some museum's for free! It's great! It was free-date weekend! So we went on a 90-minute tour of the bunker- 100,000 sq feet, a total of 60ft below ground in 4 floors! I thought it would be creepy like the Moose Jaw tunnels, but it was surprisingly not creepy! The tour guide told us it was made to not make you feel like you're underground, cause if you're in there you're most likely freaked out cause we're in nuclear war! The ceilings were probably 9 ft! There were a lot of doors to go through though!

Anyways there's a snapshot of our free date weekend! Now to relax on the couch and veg for a bit, I probably should do some more homework today..., I do have an assignment due on Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you packed a lot of fun into one weekend. Enjoy Family Day - we don't have that out here, boohoo.

    ReplyDelete