Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Spotlight on...: Snow!

Helloooo from the middle of a blizzard!

I woke up this morning, already not happy since it was 7am, and Simon texted me to tell me 1 to wake up and 2 that it was really snowy and windy out! I didn't really believe him.. How bad could it be?? 
Well I was shocked when I went into the bathroom and looked out the window! It really was blizzardy!! Needless to say, this did not help my mood any. I checked the university website before I left for class to make sure that I still had to go! As of about 7:30 this morning I don't think any schools in Ottawa were closed, but the school buses weren't running. I made it to my bus (shucks) and made it to class, although the bus did slip/slide a couple times. It was worse on the way home though, it seemed that every time the bus slowed to stop it slid a bit! I think the worst part was walking from the bus to home. It's not that cold out (-13) but the windchill makes it -25 and the snow yuck! Just blowing everywhere! My scarf was covered in snow (as in the picture below).


My boots as I walked up our driveway (on my way home)... there were no traces of my foot prints from earlier this morning! 


 My scarf as I was waiting for the bus! The snow hasn't been this blowy yet this year! 


This was the scene as I was waiting for the bus... You can see a faint building in the background... well just to the left of that you can normally see the peace tower at the Parliament buildings... but not today! I was kind of disappointed that you can't really see the amount of snow falling in my pictures, but you can see how white it is everywhere! As I waited for the bus it also  hit me how quiet snow is. If this was rain it would be just pounding down and you would definitely know its raining before you woke up! But with snow it just falls quietly! 

I shoveled the sidewalk and stairs in front of the house about an hour ago, so I'll keep you updated as to how much snow has accumulated since then! (I only shoveled so I could do this, not cause I like shoveling, plus what's the point of shoveling the stairs and sidewalk and not the driveway??)

2 comments:

  1. Stay warm and cozy. How many people were in class this morning?
    Shoveling snow is such good exercise. le sigh. I had to go for a walk in my runners and had to look at all the green. le sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My class this morning was full! But we also had a midterm this morning yuck! My class this evening had about 1/4 of the people missing though. And it still hasn't stopped snowing!!

    ReplyDelete