Thursday, February 17, 2011

I'm still here!

Hello!

I am still around! I have been neglecting to post, even though I had a few things planned to post! It has just been so crazy with school lately, but now I am almost home-free! One more 1.5hr class tomorrow then a week of nothing (aka reading break)!! And that will also mark the beginning of an easier semester for me! I had a very top-heavy semester this time around. For 3/5 of my classes I had a presentation to do, and I did 2 of them this past week, and one a couple weeks before. I believe after reading break I'll only have... 5 assignments, 2 midterms and then finals in April! woo!

For reading break I plan on...
  • Reading! but for pleasure. I had 3 books from the library that I had to return without even reading!! Now I am on a wait list for them again! 
  • Crocheting! I have wanted to make the crochet stars shown on Miranda's blog since December! I also would like to try out some Granny squares, they look neat!
  • Scrapbooking! If I can fit it in :p
  • Sewing! I have wanted to sew lately, its been very hard to study with my sewing/scrapbooking room calling for me!
  • Cleaning! Although I don't really want to do this, it should get done. 
  • Cooking/Baking! I have two night classes and lots of studying to do normally so I don't get to make a lot of nice suppers. We have almost depleted our supply of pre-made (by me) frozen dinners, so I will need to restock!
This will be the first reading break in years that I don't have to work! I don't think I will get all of that done, but maybe some! I do have 2 assignments and some catching up that I need to do as well, so it won't be a week completely free of school. I'll just get to sleep in and not go to class... and maybe not feel guilty for doing something I enjoy!

More to come in the next week!

2 comments:

  1. granny squares are fun. I have yet to figure out how to join them though. You can make one big granny square blanket instead of small squares joined. I might try it cause its easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've been really busy. I'm having a hard time getting back to studying after my "break" - can I call it my reading break? But I'm slowly getting back into the routine of studying.

    We have someone here today working on our ceilings. Little by little the house is getting done.

    You have a lot of things you want to do in one week. Hope you enjoy it and get some rest, too.

    love,

    ReplyDelete