Monday, February 28, 2011

Bad case of the Monday's

 It doesn't help that today is my first day back to classes after a week of doing literally nothing!
It also doesn't help that it's a blizzard outside!

I got up this morning and walked through snow/ice pellets to the bus, stood on the bus for the 20 minute ride downtown and went to the class I hadn't really done the homework for (that's my fault). After class I planned on working on an assignment due Wednesday in the computer lab on campus so I could  use a specific translation memory software. Needless to say, the computer wouldn't cooperate nor would the program! I restarted the computer and the program and still nothing worked properly!! I spent 2 hours fighting with this program to build a corpus just to make my life easier, but it in fact made it worse! So I decided to cut my losses and head home, where I can at least make a cup of tea (and maybe a shower cause I slept in this morning). Maybe after tea and a shower I can concentrate enough to get a good portion of this assignment done...

I feel better after having a shower but now all I want to do is nap!  I'm slowly working on my assignment with my hot chocolate nearby. Simon will be home in about half an hour, then he can distract me from my homework!! Oh and it stopped snowing halfway home from class. There's a lot out there though! Up to my ankles on the driveway! And just when I was thinking it was spring cause it hadn't snowed for awhile, and we were starting to see grass appear on the sides of the driveway... alas winter's still here.... what I would give for a heavy rain! Oh to fall asleep to the sound of rain on the roof... guess we should move back to the Fraser Valley!


This is how my granny square afghan is coming along.. I now have 4 rows of 6 squares joined together. I might start joining these rows to eachother soon. I still need to make about 20 more squares though.

1 comment:

  1. Hate to burst your bubble, but there's snow in the Fraser Valley, too. And it's cold here - comparatively.
    Getting back to studying after a break isn't much fun, is it? Hot chocolate definitely helps!

    ReplyDelete