Monday, July 25, 2011

Photoshoot at Rideau Hall

On Saturday I wanted to get outside and enjoy the summer. I haven't been going outside much when it's so hot. I wish we would've gone out on Sunday instead because it was about 35 degrees on Saturday and only 26 or so on Sunday, both before the humidity! At Rideau Hall (the Governor General's residence) even the guards had the day off cause it was too hot to be out there in those bear skin hats. I guess they had had most of last week off too.

Anyways it was a nice day and the gardens at Rideau Hall are pretty (although this was our first time there). We even saw 2 wedding parties taking pictures there too. One was an RCMP officer in his full dress. He must've been hot!

These are some of the pictures Simon took. He took some with the manual SLR camera and most of the same with the digital in case the film didn't turn out. We really want to get a DSLR to make this a bit less complicated. Simon really likes the shots he can get on the SLR but they don't always turn out on film how they looked through the lens. Maybe I should get him a DSLR for T-Rex's birthday. The only thing is, he wants the really expensive one, of course. 

 Bottom right: I was very excited to see coloured hydrangea's! You mostly see white flowering ones around here and these were a nice pale pink!


This one is Simon's favourite. He was a bit upset that my rings aren't in focus, but we'll see how it turned out on film. I can't wear my rings anymore, my fingers are too swollen, especially when its 35 degrees!


This one is my favourite. We're going to come back and do this one again in September or October when all the leaves are changing colour <3 since most of the trees in the background are oak and maple and since my belly will be much bigger then!

1 comment:

  1. sweet photos, Nicole. I like the last one a lot, too. And your outfit is so cute.

    ReplyDelete